THEEvaluate → Enhance → ExitWORKSHOP
What do I need to Evaluate to determine my true starting point?
What do I need to enhance to maximize my business and its’ REAL WORTH to me?
What exit options are most realistic for me and my family?
THEEvaluate → Enhance → ExitWORKSHOP
This process is one every business owner goes through, sometimes deliberately and others by chance. It’s a process that is best thought of as ongoing, more so a loop to guide owners what to focus on, improve, and achieve your exit goal (remember not every exit is a sale).
This workshop will treat each topic equally, illustrate their connections and impacts, and give you the tools to get started. Each section is taught by a specialist in each, an exit and value planner, a strategic growth specialist, and an M&A advisor.
While advisors can certainly help, we believe you should have the tools and insights to help themselves so they can build, protect, and realize the hard work you have put into your business.
MORE DETAILS COMING SOON, sign up to stay updated
You started your business for the freedom that comes with running your own company.
The freedom to earn what you deserve, and to work for whoever you want, when you want, and from wherever you want.
In fact, you may feel trapped in your business because:
- You know more than anyone else in your company about your industry;
- Your customers ask to deal with you personally;
- You are involved in the building or creating of what you sell;
- and, You are your company’s best salesperson.
The Freedom Workshop is an interactive, sleeves-rolled-up session, dedicated to getting you back on track to gaining the freedom you deserve as a business owner.
- How to recognize when you’ve fallen into The Owner’s Trap and the steps to take to pull yourself out;
- The three attributes of a scalable business model;
- The eight factors that drive the value of your business;
- The one kind of revenue that can triple the value of your business;
- The six forms of sustainable recurring revenue;
- The two essential elements of your marketing plan you need in order to avoid commoditization and costly price wars;
- The one question you need to ask your customers to predict the likelihood that they will buy again in the future and refer you to others.
GIVE US ONE DAY OF YOUR TIME, AND WE’LL GIVE YOU YOUR LIFE BACK.
The Automatic CustomerWORKSHOP
In this 3 hour workshop, you will leave with actionable items to investigate which of these models has a use for you. Almost any business type can find at least some option to build into their existing business or take their knowledge or customer base and expand to new offerings.
Shoring up or simply adding a recurring revenue portion to your business will pay significant dividends in value. The best part, it can be done anytime in practically any industry.
The decision to sell your business is not one single choice. Truth is, it is made of several, interconnected decisions that should begin when you decided to start, acquire, or take over your business. These decisions circle topics including growth, strategy, business value, lifestyle, family, needs, wants, community, and even legacies.
Making sure this decision is sound and thoughtful not only helps you, it helps your family, your employees, and even your buyer (or successor). In this session we will examine these issues, how they affect your ability to sell, your value, and your satisfaction with any transition.
We certainly do not expect you to “decide” in one workshop, but we hope to arm you with actionable questions and guidance to help you and your family navigate this life changing choice.
THEBuilt To SellWORKSHOP
If you’re like many business owners, you use your Profit & Loss (P&L) statement as your report card at the end of the year. You may even use your P&L to figure out what your company is worth by applying a multiple to your profit. It’s a good start, but it is just that, a start.
With concrete data from over 40,000 entrepreneurs using The Value Builder System™, we’ve seen examples of companies that fetch up to three times more than the average price for companies in their industry. Why is that? What makes them different? Why do buyers “pay up” for one company and not another?
Whether you want to sell your business – or just know that you could – you’ll learn the eight things that drive the value of your company and suggestions on how to dramatically increase the value of your business.
- Where these drivers come form and how we can document it
- Why focusing on these drivers can give you peace of mind.
- How you can structure your business to maximize its value, practical ideas not just textbook tactics.
- Accelerate the pace of positive word-of-mouth for your business, using the same techniques as companies like Eventbrite, Intuit, Google and Apple, while at the same time proving your customers like you – or fixing if they don’t.
- Differentiate your business using the same methodology Warren Buffet looks for in the companies in which he invests.
- Minimize your company’s reliance on your personal involvement using some of the strategies Tim Ferriss used to reduce the time he spent in his business to just four hours a week.
You will also get your own Value Builder Score and report to see how your business appears to buyers in these core 8 drivers. Participants also receive a 1 on1 review call to discuss their score.
“Many owners (who have sold) find themselves dealing with unanticipated regret, fighting with depression and desperately in need of a new identity and a sense of purpose”
– Bo Burlingham, Author, Finish Big
Much like Value Builder seeks to give the advantage back to owners with regards to their value and a successful financial exit, PreScore seeks to do the same for the owners themselves. In this workshop you will learn about four key drivers that can play a crucial role in your satisfaction (maybe even ability to) in exit your business.
Together we will unravel and discuss each issue, how it can affect your ability to sell and the aftermath. You will also complete (real time or hardcopy) your own PreScore survey to begin your path, your readiness, for that “someday” sale or transition.
PREScore™ (or Personal Readiness to Exit Score) is an 8-minute, online questionnaire that evaluates a business owner’s readiness to exit their company on a personal level. Using an exclusive algorithm – developed by analyzing more than 40,000 business owners and conducting more than 200 in-depth interviews with owners who have recently sold – PREScore™ calculates an owner’s readiness by identifying their status on each of the 4 drivers of a satisfying exit.
The 12 questions that make up PREScore™ are often overlooked by business owners, leaving them unprepared and in a state of crisis after the decision to exit is made. PREScore™ helps identify the at-risk areas and provides personalized recommendations for improvement, helping owners create a personal plan that ensures a happy and lucrative exit.
PREScore™ is a tool within The Value Builder System™, a statistically proven methodology for increasing the value of a company.
Speaking and Facilitation
Have a group (clients, customers, members) of business owners? Each one of these topics may play crucial roles in their future, and therefore yours.
Each workshop here can be tailored for your needs and process. Sometimes all it takes is one idea, one warning, or one solution to completely change the trajectory and the outcome for an exiting business owner.
Contact us to schedule a consult or book one of the Workshops for your group